Multiracial Americans of Southern California (MASC; www.mascsite.org) is seeking college student intern to assist with the project “Multiracial Studies Course” to be conducted at a high school in Los Angeles in Spring 2012 (February to July 2012).
We are looking for someone with an interest in race studies, education, multiculturalism, or other related subjects.
Intern must be available from December 2011 to attend meetings and related to course planning with Curriculum Designer and Course Coordinators. This is a paid internship.
- Tasks related to course administration including: classroom setup, taking attendance, getting supplies and organizing class activities
- Communication with school administration, guest speakers, and MASC leadership
- Assistance with evaluation of course effectiveness, summary of course highlights for use in funder reports
- Intern must be available on-site for each class (twice a week on weekday afternoons)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and passion for multiracial issues and history
- Organized, dependable, accountable
- Some teaching experience – (teaching certification not required)
- Familiarity with high schools or other educational institutions
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred.